Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is Virtex4 comercially available now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

presto

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
any idea about how much the chip costs?

cheers

you can contact your local distributor, they will provide you with this kind of informaiton. or you can lodge the xilinx website to check it. Good luck!

Yes virtex4 is already there .. you can already get evaluations boards from Avnet price around $300..

Comercially available?. No.

Git

Is the price of Avnet only $300?

I've checked on the web and it says

$299.00 USD*
*Special offer in North America only until 12/31/04

fair enough.

I think this Avnet card is just a marketing move :) of X!linx. It was just announced after @ltera announced that they were SHIPPING Stratix II devices. And this evaluation card from Avnet has got a Virtex-4 LX which I think is just a Virtex-2 (more or less:) ) it doesn't have Power PC, nor High Speed IO...

-maestor

maestor ,

Although may be V-4 LX is like the Virtex-II but it is much cheaper and also all V-4 can work at speeds up to 500 MHz which was never met before, thanks to the pseudo- 90 nm technology.

Hi,

I'm not saying that V-4 is not much cheaper, of course it's cheaper...

I was just highlighting when X!linx/Avnet releases this card, just when Stratix-II came up, and Stratix-II is a real beast, not like V-4 LX.

I am a X1linx supporter man! but I have to say that Altera are doing good things.

How big is that v-4 Lx (in slices plz) on that Eval. Board?

-maestor

yes, Virtex4 comercially is available now,

price is about thousands dollars.

but the performance is excellent.

best regards

presto said:
any idea about how much the chip costs?

cheers

Virtex 4 are commercially available
where LX is the cheaper and FX is the costlier in the family. It should be some $500 for medium LX device and for that of FX device it is around $900.

Because of the 90 nm technology, less power and speed the LX family is much more better than Virtex II

Regards
Sandeep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back