Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is there anybody using MCU from Silicon Laboratories??

Status
Not open for further replies.

tony_taoyh

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How is it???

It seems good performace?

I'm using Silabs micros. Silabs have MCU with USB and classic peripherals (SPI, UART, ADC...) @ 48MIPS. Application notes page contain many interesting projects, with source code.

Their chips are fine and their JTAG system is something special. EC2 JTAG is cheap and does not disturb chips in operation. Newer USB JTAG is even cheaper. Personally, I am using the smallest ones (F304), MCU with USB (F320) and the fastest one (F122) and the only problem is a price. If I need something for experiments or low volume production, it is my first choice. But for the future "hgh" volume modular system I am evaluating HCS08.
Last but not least, I am using Silabs IDE instead of Keil's uVision 2 one, because it seems to me to be more stable and faster when downloading and debuging.

Jan

Status
Not open for further replies.