Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

is there any way to find out codes are synthesizable via modelsim?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fahim1

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
is there any way to find out codes are synthesizable or not in modelsim?

That's like asking if you can cut a piece of wood with a hammer. Modelsim is a simulator. Why don't you just use your synthesis tool to find out?

Reactions: fahim1

fahim1

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
That's like asking if you can cut a piece of wood with a hammer. Modelsim is a simulator. Why don't you just use your synthesis tool to find out?

i know dear barry but i have win 8,64 bit and i am unable of installin ISE ,so i was wondering if any other programs for this??

ModelSim is a tool for simulation. By simulating you can verify whether your piece of RTL code delivers the intended functionality or not. Synthesis is something completely different and ModelSim is not used for synthesis.

fahim1

The answer is no - but there is an option in modelsim to check certain synthesis rules - like whether all signals are in a sensitivity list.
It wont tell you whether it will synthesise though - it is not a synthesis tool

fahim1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back