Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is there any IC can be used to get this waveform?

Status
Not open for further replies.

McMurry

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
im helping my friend to ask

thanks

Any oscillator with counter will do that with few additions. If he is trying to build inverter or something like that, there are a lot of ways to achieve that waveform. Tell your friend that he has to be precise what he wants and provide details if he wants any meaningful answer.

McMurry

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
im not too sure what it is for, but he is making a project to build the old type of modem...
require to do some kind of modulation i guess.

i'll try to ask him for more detail =)
thanks.

Modem - Guess it's for line coding, to use AMI, HDB3 or something like that. In that case it's not just a static signal, it depends on data to be sent.
You can do it with TTL/CMOS logic that drives the primary of the line simetrization transformer using 2 transistors - the transformer should have a central tap.
Basicaly, for AMI you take the data signal and AND it with the clock. Depending on the previous "1", the pulse obtained will activate one of the transistors that drive the trasformer, to produce alternative invesion of the pulse.
There are also a few chips for this:
**broken link removed**
Don't know if these chips are easy to find.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back