Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is there an ADC which is microcontroller independent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bimbla

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Stand alone ADC?

Is there an ADC which is microcontroller independant? i.e. it does not require a UC for its operation.

bimbla.

Re: Stand alone ADC?

ICL7106/7 is used in most digital multimeters.
Simce
p.s. Please be more specific. What are you going to do with digital data without MCU or PC?

The digital Audio processor I am working on uses digital data. I can connect SPDIF out of a DVD player through a stand alone SPDIF Receiver. I also want to have the option of analog input. To avoid complecated circuitry, I was wondering if there was a stand alonr ADC.

The one you mentioned would be very slow. (But you did not know my application, so not your fault)

Any other choices.....

bimbla.

How about the PCM1801 from TI? 2-channel delta-sigma, 16-bit, up to 48kHz, PCM output, SO-14 package.

https://focus.ti.com/docs/prod/folders/print/pcm1801.html

There are a multitude of choices, depending on exactly what you want (resolution, sampling rates, nice filtering, data output format etc). TI have quite a few...

Cheers,
FoxyRick.

I will check the entire list of A--->D Converters. You have given me a good place to start.

Does any one else have an SPDIF receiver (better or more simple) than Cirrus Logic? Do we have a better choice than CS8414?

bimbla.

ICL7106/7 is used in most digital multimeters.
Simce

Those two are specialy make for LED/LCD output.

I used ICL7109.

Mr.Cube

You could also look for ADC from AKM
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back