Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is there Agilent ADS working on Linux?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkassem

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ads under linux

hello

i would like to ask is there agilent ads under linux

thanx

Re: ads under linux

What ADS stands for? Is it a IC or discerete circuit design tool?
I heared that it is possible to link it with cadence tools! Is here anybody kindly explaine more?

no.

No... There is no Linux version... but Vm-ware and a windows and @DS works great!!

i wanted to us ads with cadence tools under linux

thanx

I want to do this too, seems no way to work around.

Be patient.

ADS Linux version will be released in next years but not now. Unfortunetely Linux version will be work with Cadence Design Environment. I mean it will use Cadence's GUI and therefore it won't be used standalone.

Re: @DS under linux

There is an ADS for Linux available in mid December when ADS 2003C is released. It runs under Red Hat.

GaAs FET said:
There is an @DS for Linux available in mid December when @DS 2003C is released. It runs under Red Hat.

That means that I can move all my design flow from win2k to linux. What version of redhat wiil it support? Redhat 7.x?

Hi All,

I am using both cadence and ADS in Sun Sparc. It would be great if I could move all the designs from Sparc to Linux.

I am now using IBM SiGe process, I wonder have anyone succeed in linking cadence and ADS together, and used the ADS design kit as provided by IBM?? Can anyone share experience on this?

Mesfet+

mesfet said:
Hi All,

I am using both cadence and @DS in Sun Sparc. It would be great if I could move all the designs from Sparc to Linux.

I am now using IBM SiGe process, I wonder have anyone succeed in linking cadence and @DS together, and used the @DS design kit as provided by IBM?? Can anyone share experience on this?

Mesfet+

ADS and Cadence are syncronized with " Dynamic Link of ADS". In fact this is a netlist transferring method between simulators. For instance netlist of ADS can not be translated into Cadence..

Design parameters , netlist of the modules and submodules , symbols etc are transferred into ADS.

But for the time being there are many bugs of this system.

What version of redhat wiil it support? Redhat 7.x?

Red Hat Linux 7.2/7.3.

Anyone has news about the linux ADS? I am dying for this tool.

Mesfet+

ADS2003C Linux version is out. But it runs only as "remote server" what it means it doesn't have GUI.
I haven't installed yet but I'm gonna try it soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.