Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is there a way to sort threads by thread starting time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wizard

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Sometimes I'd like to know what's the recent started threads in a forum. But top threads are most latest replied ones. I searched options in profile. It looks there is no setting to change it this way.

Search (on top bar)
Search Single Content Type
Sort Results by: Thread Start Date

Tried it and it appear to do what you want.

User need to imagine and input some keyword? Sounds unreasonable since there is no keyword targeted.

Search (on top bar)
Search Single Content Type
Sort Results by: Thread Start Date

Tried it and it appear to do what you want.

User need to imagine and input some keyword? Sounds unreasonable since there is no keyword targeted.

I didn't add a keyword, I just set a time frame for posts and it brought up all the recent thread in the last week (which is what I set) in the order they were submitted.

Adding "A week ago, newer" constraint in "Find Post:" returns posts in last week, not thread. A thread started last year will be included if it's replied in last week. I am searching for new started threads.

The method suggested by ads-ee works as described. Threads are sorted by thread starting time as you requested.

Older threads with newer answer are included at the end of the list, there's no option to suppress it. Neither an option to select a range with start and end date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back