Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

is there a need of switch before relay??

Status
Not open for further replies.

jazeel06

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
is there a need of switch before relay in the below ckt??

is that switch is really needed?? if needed what is the use??
what type of switch is that??
help me pls...

Code:
It's up to you if you want to use the switch or not, there is no problem with the functionality if you don't use it.
The switch adds the option to disconnect the mains power (phase) from the lamp section.
Any mains switch that can handle the lamp current will do.

Switch S1 to S7 are used for control each relay for inuse or not. S8 is for Power control of the whole system. You can use any orinary AC main power toggle switch.

S1 to S7 are the contact of the relays not external switches, note the dotted line and the DPDT (Double pole, double throw) relay type

DPDT-symbol.svg

Only s8 is an external switch.

Alex

EDIT: S1 to S7 are switches as pico wrote, I thought the question was about the appliance switches in the top of the schematic

Last edited:

i am asking about s1 to s7 which is used before relay.
is that switch needed?

No the are not, S1 to S7 are switches as pico wrote, I thought the question was about the appliance switches in the top of the schematic which re the relay.

thank you everybody

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back