Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is the mean "Class AB" & "Push pull"

Status
Not open for further replies.

haoyun

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I think , a push-pull output stage can provide Vout from Vdd to GND. For example, Vdd=2V, Vdc=1V and Vss=GND=0V. In this situation, the output is push-pull but class A , not class AB, right?

Thanks a lot!

Re: Is the mean "Class AB" & "Push pull&a

i push pull stage cannot give full output swing from Vdd to Gnd due to the voltage drop across due to the diode drops of the transistor and the resistors usage needed to avoid breakdown and good operation of the circuit...

Yes,you are right. However, a push pull stage can give output swing from Vdd-Vosat to Vosat ( assume Vss=0). I want to know, this is class A or class AB?
Thanks your reply.

both can do the same and depends on the biasing....
I dont understand why you are talking about class A stage when you are clearly mentioning a push-pull stage....

Class A and AB have diffrence power efficiency. I have to note this problem, because I want to design a low power OPAmp. I have another question , if Vss=0 and RL is limited value(for example 10KOhm), then at Vout=Vdd/2, iL#0 . -->This means, The IQ of this configuration is always denpendece on ZL(Load impendence)? Has any output configuration is independence on its load?

Thanks a lot.

any load would need current across it to satisfy the output voltage... also when it comes to low power design and power efficiency i think a class AB stage is better because there is no path between supply and ground unless a load is connected and this leads to significant reductionin power loss....

no. push pull amp may in class b also.biasing is impoortant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back