Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is spice language important for analog IC design?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hbchens

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pspice language

There are many graphical spice simulators.For

example,orcad/pspice,cadence spectre.The spice netlist can be created

automatically .Maybe some guys will tell me Hspice need one understanded

spice syntax.But as far as I know,hspice simulator can be invoked by

cadence in unix/linux.In addition,the spice syntax is difficult,i think.
Based on the above saying,I want to know whether do we need study the

spice syntax?If we need,which aspects of spice syntax is the emphasis?
Thanks!!

ic design language

Hi
It is not emergency but it is better to learn it.
regards

spice language

if you have the cadence tool, you just need to draw schematic, it can generate the netlist directly.

No need to learn, but better to have.

learn analog design site:edaboard.com

I think you should know why it is better to learn it. In very big designs, knowing SPICE syntax will help you to automate tasks and do circuit analysis more easily. Say if you want to plot a number of curves for the circuit, for different values of components over various temperatures, instead of running a simulation a number of times, you can simply use statements such as .alter and .param, along with std. analysis statements such as .dc, .ac etc. and save a lot of time.

Like the others have said, it is not a must to get started with circuit design and simulation, but it is very useful as you go to more advanced and complex designs.

.alter smartspice

it is not the unique tool you can use ,but you need to be familiar with one of the variety simulators,at least

BR!

cscope waveform calculator

Spice syntax is not difficult indeed. Very easy.

spice syntax from pspice . Dolphin smash , synopsys hspice , Ledit tspice or silvaco smartspice

some little difference in netlist . but more import is
asic use hspice/Tspice/smartspice

switch level use aditspice/hsim /smartsimXT

PCB use pspice/ I-spice /multisim

ya it is better to learn the spice syntax because sometimes u require to simulate the circuit on your own rather than depending upon the tool
so it is very useful for that ic engineer

Everyone has theirs options.
Though i have many doubts of the values of studying SPICE,i still persist in studying it.

Understanding some simple syntax is help.

I myself use .MEASURE, .DATA heavily and seldom use the expression option of awaves or waveform calculator of cscope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back