Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Is pcb layout plan okay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

d123

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Is this pcb layout plan right for a single-sided 35 um copper-clad fr4 board which will have an uninterrupted ground plane and most signals routed on same side (some positive power connections will be made with jumper wires if they would otherwise cut off the ground plane)?

Vref close to supply + and - connections, noisiest part of circuit (return current of ~60mA) at other side of board. C5 and C6 are a long strip as will either use multiple 10uF 1206 X7R capacitors or much less space with three 47uF - I think, size-wise - 5012 tantalum capacitors.

Is that right or should noisiest section be as close to battery negative connection point and Vref at other end of pcb, or doesn't it matter either way with a solid/uninterrupted ground plane?

Thanks.

_20201102_215216.JPG

_20201102_215010.JPG

Your circuit is a Battery Powered pure Analog and I cannot see any "noisy" node on this circuit.A proper double-sided PCB will absolutely work fine.

Reactions: d123

d123

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Looks like R23 is a current sense resistor, and you have some high value R's leading back to the op amps bottom left (R25 etc), you might want to keep these tracks away from anything carrying ac and close to ground to reduce unwanted oscillations.
You could put a film cap across C8 of you really wanted to.
Edit: scrub the high value R's comment I realise that R25 is a voltage divder providing a reference to U7/8.

Reactions: d123

d123

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back