Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is optDesign "-postRoute" the only engine which uses the Tech File in encounter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmsp8

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is optDesign "-postRoute" the only engine which uses the Tech File in encounter?

Hello

I was wondering in the OptDesign Command in Cadence, does optDesign -postRoute " the only engine which uses the tech files?
What do other engines like Preroute, PostCTS use? The capTbl?

Thanks

Re: Is optDesign "-postRoute" the only engine which uses the Tech File in encounter?

I think any Cādence software uses a tech file - even the non-P&R engines. Any design - in all development stages - needs its corresponding tech file.

Reactions: dmsp8

dmsp8

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Re: Is optDesign "-postRoute" the only engine which uses the Tech File in encounter?

Thankyou very much for your reply,
The reason I asked this, was I noticed encounter was able to perform "optDesign -preRoute",although when I used the "optDesign -postRoute" I had an encounter internal error. So I was trying to distinguish between the two engines, apart from the actual timing issues they fix.
Any insight on this?

May be with the -preRoute option, optDesign doesn't use the tech file, as - AFAIR - it tries to optimize the arrangement of devices and routing wires only, whereas with the -postRoute option it has to consider the spacing specified in the tech file.

However, I'm not sure about this.

Reactions: dmsp8

dmsp8

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back