Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is multiple software access to rs232 port possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wisely77

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
rs232 multiple access

hi,

it is possible fro two different software/application to access the same rs232 port at the same time? any software or article talking on this? please share.

it is a very powerful tool for debigging or trobleshooting if we can use this kind of software to monitor what is happen at the com port.

please do not upload any software that only doing rs232 monitoring. i got few of this software. what i interest is something like spying the rs232 comport to monitor what is the data communicate between software and outsite world.

thank in advance.

wisely

rs232 multiple access

For which operating system?

Re: rs232 multiple access

hi,

my target is for win98. however i hope it can work on win2k/xp since it is quite common now.

wisely

Re: rs232 multiple access

Serial port sniffers like HHD's serial port monitor can monitor serial communication on a port. Essentially, such software uses a kernel mode filter driver to intercept all serial commands before passing them to the serial port driver. It's the serial port driver itself that restricts access from multiple applications.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back