Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is LT1360 a low noise op-amp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

syamin0712

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I want a verify does the LT1360 is a low noise amplifier because it was not mentioned in the data sheet?

I'm confuse when comparing it with others device. For instance, in data sheet AD8055 it was mentioned that the ic is low noise ( 6 nV/√Hz ) but at frequency 100kHz while LT1360 has 9nV/√Hz at 10kHz frequency.

I know both of it is a high speed op-amp.

View attachment Lt1360.pdfView attachment AD8055_AD8056.pdf

Could anybody explain?

I would say the LT1360 has moderately low noise, but there are others that are lower.
How low do you need?

I'm not sure the specific value of it but my application is to use as I to V converter with frequency 2MHz and the signal is sine waveform. So, i think LT1360 is high speed enough and at the same time worry on the noise effect.

Also, i plan to use the same family ic as my absolute value circuit for the next stage of my signal conditioning circuit.

What is your opinion/advice?

Hi,

both OPAMPs are about compareable.
While the LT is lower noise with lower frequencies, the AD is lower noise with higher frequencies. You can see this in the nois vs frequency charts.

The AD opamp is faster, this could improve overall performance (distortion) at your high frequency.

I used the LT6200. It is quite good. Trust the datasheet.

Klaus

Ok..tq for the explanation.i'll look at detail on it ?

The noise level you need is determined by how low a signal level you want to amplify.
How low is that?

Hi
The smallest signal that i want to amplify is around 300mV for voltage and for current is as small as 0.1mA with operating frequency is 2MHz.
Does LT3600 is capable for my case?

Hi,

LT3600???

300mV is not small. So don´t care about noise.

Klaus

Hi
Sorry just a typo error. It is actually LT1360.

Ok.so i'll proceed on LT1360.
?

- - - Updated - - -

Hi klaus,

Just wanna to have a double varification again.
Smallest voltage signal i have is 300mV and I want to amplify using the ic up to 10Vp-p.
Smallest current signal i have is 0.1mA and i want to use the ic as I-V converter amplifier.
Operating frequency is 2MHz and sinewave.

Does LT1360 is capable?

There are many choices and tradeoffs; cost, thermal offset, GBW, Noise V, noise A, avilability, etc

Define your requirements for SNR, Cost, impedance , offset, drift, etc. then rank importance and then choose.

also

LT6230 - 215MHz, Rail-to-Rail Output, 1.1nV/rtHz, 3.5mA Op Amp Family
Features

Low Noise Voltage: 1.1nV/√Hz
Low Supply Current: 3.5mA/Amp Max
Low Offset Voltage: 350μV Max

Hi,

The LT1360 will do. Make your tests and see how it works.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.