Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is it safe to power the oscilloscope by square wave inverter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sajjadkhan

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
You all guys know the situation of load shedding in Pakistan. So our house runs on a local 2000W UPS and obviously its a square wave UPS. I have just bought UTD-2025 (a low cost oscilloscope) for learning purposes. So will that UPS damage my scope?

2nd thing is: its written on the manual that "Do not use the probe above 600V DC+ACpk". The probe is 1x-10x. So this means i can measure AC 220V (311 pk-pk)outlet voltages safely,right?

Most of the time there is a switch in probe setting to 1x or 10x. Scope input are internaly protected against hi voltage input. Does'nt 10x further reduce ten times?

Out put of inverter or ups is senstive in case of inductive load.
Which appliances operated with dc volt like tv,energy saving lamps,ca be freely used with inverter,s output.
Either out put wave is square or modified sine wave,bridge rectifier will convert in dc.

Hi sajjad khan,
Using scope probe on 220 volts directly is safe as the probe specs say.
Yes these devices convert the input to DC with built in supply but if the inverter frequency is not exactly set to 50Hz, the TV picture will roll vertically up if frequency > 50Hz and roll down if frequency < 50Hz.

AOA.dears i am final year student i need your guideness and help regarding my project . my project is not new thing to others but off-course its new to me.
Design an implimentation of 3-phase pwm inverter for inducion motor speed control using v/f metod[/COLOR][/COLOR]
hope so you can help us. .it is requested to you kindly do something for us..i want to use 8051 microcontroler becaue it is easier to me i i need source code.thanx
with best regards
Hafiz m ahmad raza 03224257877

Dear Hafiz Sb !
I have been using my scope on a square wave inverter and did not find problem. But I do not recommend for long time use.

AOA Raza,
I want to buy a cheap colour LCD oscilloscope, what model do you have? from where you got that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back