Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is it possible to use the same pin for different function in Atmel microchips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeolex

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is it possible to use same pin for different function in Atmel microchips ?

Dear Friends,

I have planned to make my own soil humidty sensor. In my control panel, I have LCD and butons. I wanna make control panel as tiny as possible, so I will use Attiny85 microchip. So you know this microchip don't have much pins in contrast to Atmega328p. I need one more pin for measuring button. That's the point, I have already use a pin for measuring battery for only initiating of control panel. After initiating to panel, I wanna use the same pin for measuring soil humidty when I press the button. So is it possible to use the same pin for two different duty.

Thanks..

Re: Is it possible to use same pin for different function in Atmel microchips ?

Hi,

your question is not clear to me.
analog or digital, input or output??

A picture could help to clarify.

Klaus

You are right, these pins are digital and they will be input. Does it matter that it is analog or digital ? İf I use the true code, isn t it run ?

You could share ( if haven't already done ) the 2 ICSP pins of the uC with some output, prefereably one which do not drain too much current.

Reactions: jeolex

jeolex

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back