Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is it possible to short nand gate out puts...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

honey 77

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

I dont have any idea about gate operations, now iam designg hardware part here iam using demultiplexer(74ls138) for chip selection but i want only one out put, here i given 2 adress inputs and one enable input but i need only One OutPut, can I make Short All outputs to single output?

demultiplexer is used for getting n output from single input if i am getting you right you need to use multiplexer rather then demultiplexer where in mux you have two different input and single output

correct if i am getting you wrong.

Attachments

• 450px-Multiplexer_Example01.svg.png
    450px-Multiplexer_Example01.svg.png
    50.1 KB · Views: 63
  • 450px-Demultiplexer_Example01.svg.png
    450px-Demultiplexer_Example01.svg.png
    34.6 KB · Views: 50

yeah , i know what iam thinking that one wrong, but i hoped it maypossible.

why you want use demultiplexer? you can replace that with just multiplexer and you still want use demultiplexer then use other OR gate after your demux output to get single output and in that case you get output high when any of one go high.but its complicated you can use simple multiplexer instead demultiplexer.and if u still use OR gate then when both inputs high then also your output go high which is not good i guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back