Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is it possible to migrate code of Pic16C711 to ->?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Analyzer

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi there,

I have a complete pic project using 16C711 (also source code in asm).But there is a very big problem with it.I can not find 16C711 in my country.I also dont wanna order from any other country.Is there a way to migrate asm code to any other common mcu's like 16F628(A) of 16F84(A)? If so what should i modify in my code?
Thanks in advance.

Analyzer.

I see nothing special when i look at the datasheet of 16c711 except that it has a 4 channel 8 bit adc which neither 16f628 nor 16f84 has.

If your application does not need the adc either 16f628 (2K codespace) or 16f84 (1K codespace) should be able to replace your 16f711.

Maybe you can post the project here so that we can take a look at it ...

best regards

Sure,

The project even does not use RA ports as adc only buttons.(of course neither adc function). Here is the link of project :

**broken link removed**

It is a video overlayer.It has asm code in it.So how can i replace its mcu to 628?

Analyzer.

As the design uses an 16 (or 18?) Mhz clock i would recommend using a 16f628.

Do not forget to switch off the comperator module in the 16f628 (is on by default), this will require a small modification of the sourcecode.

hope this helps

So, I should only turn off comparator in source code and recompile it.That's it? Am i right?

Analyzer

Yes I would recommend that as a start, also look at the fuse settings and disable LVP and Debug.

best regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back