Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is it possible to make calculations in ADS in sequnce

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoYouLinux

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

It may sound strange in the topic. I am trying to run a simulation in ADS. There are two parts in this simulation. One part is to calculate parameters A1, A2 and A3 using MeaEqns. The other part is to use the obtained value of A1, A2 and A3 to fit parameters to a lumped model using Optimization.

Since Part 1 and Part 2 are in the same schematic, when A1, A2 and A3 are being calculated in Part 1, Part 2 is being evaluated at the same time. So, Part 2 is now using values of A1, A2 and A3 which are not final values because the calculation of both part are running simultaneously.

What I would is that:

First, Part 2 is disabled and Part 1 is enabled. Part 1 will then finish its calculation first, so that the final values of A1, A2 and A3 will be obtained.

Second, Part 1 is disabled and Part 2 is enabled. Now, Part 2 is using the final values of A1, A2 and A3 in the parameters fitting process.

---> How could I separate the calculation of Part 1 and Part 2 in sequence like this in ADS ??

Please suggest

DYL

If you write measurement equation for each simulation data set output, you may use these variables in another simulation sequence.
For this purpose create 2 simulation testbench and also create a top level testbench that includes these both sub-testbenches.And then put a Simulation Sequencer from ADS palette and make click simulation.
First when sub-testbench finishes its own simulation it will create a data set and accordingly your variable will be ready to use.Next, second sub-testbench will take these variables and it ill use them in its own simulation and this sequence will be terminated as you would..

Reactions: kayaoo

kayaoo

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi Bigboss,

Thank you very much for this fruitful explanation. I will try to use Sequencer as you suggested.

DYL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back