Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

is it possible to install linux over adsl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mesfet

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Install linux over adsl

Hi all,

Anyone know if it is possible to install linux over adsl?

mesfet

What did you mean?? Instal Linux on a Asincronous Digital Subscriber Line (ADSL) ... or course, it's a good conexion to internet...

but I think you mean other thing!

TaPa

hi tapa,

What I mean adsl is "Asymmetric Digital Subscribers Line". a type of
broadband connection. Before getting connect, username and password have to be supplied. Possible to install linux over adsl?

mesfet

I have a router, so it makes the login work, and it's no responsability of my linux box. But there are some references on debian howtos, I am not a guru, but I am nearly sure that you need to use pppeth (ppp over ethernet)

Take a look at:

https://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/DSL-HOWTO/index.html

Tapa

it seem ask pppoe on linux . it's available on redhat . look for your network service configuration .

You could probably make a custom boot stiffy...but hell, after all the trouble getting it installed you find that you want this package and that package.... :wink:
In the case of Redhat 8 just download the first three CD's and you will have everything you need... dont worry about the other two (three??) they are the sources for the RPMs found on the first three CD's

my 2c worth

Status
Not open for further replies.