Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is it possible to enter RLGC data of a transmission line in ADS ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoYouLinux

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I am trying to simulate a transmission line. I have a set for RLGC data (at some frequency points) and want to use this data in a transmission line. How can I do this in ADS ? In Cadence, I can select "RLGC model" in "mtline" component. I don't know how to do the same thing in ADS. Please suggest .....

Thank you in advance,

DYL

Hi!

Yea, it seems not straightforward. "Google for RLCG file" . It seems some component data can be entered through a file which can be included. If its one frequency, you might just draw it with RLCG components (20 repititions per wavelength)

Good luck

Hi Darkcrusher,

Thank you for your answer. It seems that I need to use TLine_Multilayer to operate with RLGC file in ADS.

DYL

Hi pancho_hideboo,

Thank you very much for the information. However, as I searched from internet, I could not find how to define RLGCfile (static, tabular_list, tabular_file) to be used with the W_Element in ADS. I just have a set of RLGC data extracted from an EM simulator (the format is: freq, R, L, G, C). I don't know that how should I re-arrange the RLGC data I have to be compatible with those ADS need.

Thank you very much in advance,

DYL

It seems you don't know other simulators than Cadence Spectre and Agilent ADSsim.

However, as I searched from internet,
I could not find how to define RLGCfile (static, tabular_list, tabular_file) to be used with the W_Element in ADS.
See "HSPICE Signal Integrity User Guide".
**broken link removed**

"W-element of HSPICE" is a defacto standard transmission line model for SPICE type Transient simulator.

"analogLib/mtline for Cadence Spectre" is no more than an imitation of HSPICE W-element.
Actually "analogLib/mtline for Cadence Spectre" has been developed for aiming at HSPICE W-element.
So setting parameters of "analogLib/mtline for Cadence Spectre" very resemble them for HSPICE W-element.

Both Agilent ADSsim and GoldenGate understand Cadence Spectre Netlist directly,
but they don't support "analogLib/mtline for Cadence Spectre".

The Designer's Guide Community Forum - Index is almost Cadence Tool Support Forum,
so you can never expect any helpful reply other than Cadence Tool there.
The Designer's Guide Community Forum - Is it possible to enter RLGC data of a transmission line in ADS ?

Last edited:
Thank you very much, pancho_hideboo,

I am studying about the information you gave to me.

DYL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back