Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is it possible to do FSK modulation with IQ modulators?

Status
Not open for further replies.

7rots51

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is it possible to do FSK modulation with IQ modulators?

Do you have PDF,link app note links?I need some data and info

You can do MSK with rectangular pulses to I and Q.

For two state FSK you put the proper triangular waves into I and Q to make the vector rotate clockwise or counterclockwise. (advancing phase or retarding phase)

how to convert my stream of data to that "proper triangular waves " ?,it it possible to give more details or articles?thanks

I deduced the triangle method from a thought experiment. I have no practical experience doing it in hardware.

[added next day] After more thought, you use sine and cos instead of the triangles. I is cos wt and Q is sin wt. Where w is the frequency shift. For shifting the other direction use -wt which changes the sign of sin but not cos.

You can generate these with two integrators in a loop with some sort of amplitude limiting control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back