Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Is it possible to dial cell phone using PIC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vadon

I am plannig to dial cell phone and send sms message by using PIC. I will use Ericsson GA628 for this purpose. Any help needed. Please?

Hi,

Even i am looking for it, I want to dail GPRS phone using PIC or 8051 controller.

But I am sure its possible, can any body help me for connecting internet using Microcontroller with GSM/GPRS or CDMA phone

Some win. aps. do this. for example siemensC35 apps. sends data via RS232 to phone dialing and sending sms also possible .

vadon said:
I am plannig to dial cell phone and send sms message by using PIC. I will use Ericsson GA628 for this purpose. Any help needed. Please?

**broken link removed**

I think you may find this useful.

hi

Have look to attach file you will find what you need

Sorry I forget to give detail about this design based on PIC16F877 which attach to a temperature sensor, and also to siemens GSM mobile to send current position of the temperature to other location totally programmable source code and proteus DSN file can found in attachment

can you give details of how to use these files

Hello Fragance!
It´s possible Your send or upload a schematic in other format like *.pdf, *.jpeg or *.gift ?

I am don´t have/know PROTEUS...

Thanks a lot, Gorkin.

gorkin said:
Hello Fragance!
It´s possible Your send or upload a schematic in other format like *.pdf, *.jpeg or *.gift ?

I am don´t have/know PROTEUS...

Thanks a lot, Gorkin.

here is jpg format

A friend told me that his graduation project is about " TRAFFIC CONTROL ", they use a microcontroller to send an SMS to a mobile, that displays this SMS on a large panel in the street.

Any ideas concerning this project.???

Dear,
As I know you can do it, through AT Command
of mobilephone that you want to work with.

How could I make project like this.??
Where should I start.??

I really sppreciate all your help.

It's very useful thing, but it will work only with phones that have integrated modem or with GPRS modems. Most suitable mobil phone interface is RS-232(CMOS level, as well).

i used a r300 tdma ericsson cellular phone, to send sms , i don't know if the phone you're using has the same connector, but the r300 has a serial interface in the connector at the bottom, only the protocol is standard the voltage levels are to 3v to 0 , the way to dial a number is sending thru hiperterminal or another comunicactions software the string Atdt XXXXXXXX where X is the number to dial
if you want to use other functions of the phone, nned to refer to the TIA docs
, i currently have the docs for tdma if you need msgme pls

Hi

Attached you can find AT commands for sony Ericson Mobile phone
I think t's the Same for all phones as AT commands is Standard.
1-You need to use a micro controller with Serial port , or you had to implement serial port in SW
2-you need to use a mobile phone with modem /GSM modem
3-Send AT commands from your microcontroller to the mobile phone throgh serial port

thats All

Salam
Hossam Alzomor

Is the attached AT commands set valid for all sony errisson mobile phone?

alzomor said:
Hi

Attached you can find AT commands for sony Ericson Mobile phone
I think t's the Same for all phones as AT commands is Standard.
1-You need to use a micro controller with Serial port , or you had to implement serial port in SW
2-you need to use a mobile phone with modem /GSM modem
3-Send AT commands from your microcontroller to the mobile phone throgh serial port

thats All

Salam
Hossam Alzomor

Hi,

any one have the information about using PIC for GPRS phone or modem?

thansk

ma project the same idea but am using instead of mobile am using gsm module M1306B so am just nedd the code ( micro c) to burn it on the pic 16f877a

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back