Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is it possible to create programs with buttons, boxes in C++

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucifre

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
C++ Question

Is it possible to create programs with buttons, radio buttons, text boxes and so on in C++? I used to study Visual Basic and i found it cool that with little bit of effort you can whip out good looking progs. But in c++ the basic programs look soo old school. And what is C++ used for? I am new to C++ and i want to know this basic fact before i spend more time studying it.

Re: C++ Question

Hi
If you want to easily build User Interface programs ,
you must install Visual Studio .Net
after that you can use ,, C# or Visual basic or Visual c++ ....
in .net you can choose "Windows Application" ..

C++ Question

The easiest and most productive RAD software for me is Borland Builder. Realy fast and powerful for window programming!
C++ is the language of choice for large distributed programs. Using encapsulation, interfaces and name spaces allows teams of programmers to work on sophisticated systems. C++ grows more esotorical with template specializtion heading into uncharted waters. C++ is a progression from C. The language most loved by hard core code freaks. The lowest and the highest of programming poetry.
Visual basic has come a long way in the hands of Microsoft. But Basic is, Basic!
You can not make a silk purse from a sows ear.

to do what you want with c++ {visual} you simply need to include some active x objects
look in the tools menu of visual c++

i prefer the long way of doing things
but you could try the class wizard to get widgets menus edit controls etc etc....

this way components are included as is most of the c++ code for you

Generally MFC if the quickes way under windows C++ environments. It handles all of the overhead for the creation of the graphical entities, allbeit with some major overhead. Under linux GTK does the same thing.

another way i found was to convert the package to c++
made in visual basic
there are very good tools avalible to do this and then only standard runtimes get used so no redistributables needed

allows you to export c++ source and built c++ versions from visual basic export etc..

http://www.tangiblesoftwaresolutions.com/

lots of these tools float about on emule or edonkey {payed ide}

Iphant {free ide all psp networks & firewall friendly
**broken link removed**

good search features {use a single word }

visual basic is a set of compiled c++ classes made using pure c++ {microsoft c++} in a modular way
so presets a hierachie that has easy choices and boxes fancy controls etc
already there nice and neat draw a box and joint the dots type affair {basic}

so runs heaps slower

C++ is crucial for device driver programming and other OS related stuff.

use borland C++ builder
it is very easy and you will see many similarities like visual basic
good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back