Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is it possible to create a sound on a PIC ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nlouks

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi.

I would like to know firstly if its possible to create a sound on a chip
(not record a sound onto a chip)

I have tried to record a sound onto a chip and play back through amplifiers and can never get a clean sound because the sound is being amplified so much.

Its not possible to clean the sound any further with the limited resources i have, so i figured it may be possible to re-create the sound on the chip itself.:idea:

PLEASE HELP !

Thanks in advance.

Nik.

:D

Hi,

You mean only 'beep' sound for example?

Added after 1 minutes:

And perhaps this is what you want:

**broken link removed**

Added after 1 minutes:

And this one is beep sound:

**broken link removed**

nlouks

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
I presume your "chip" is a microcontroller or microprocessor.

Yes, you can program your microcontroller to generate audible tones using several methods.

One simple way is to send 50% duty-cycled pulses from I/O port pin down a low pass filter to get a sinusoidal signal or wave. This in turn is sent to a 8Ω speaker to play the tone. To change the tone, simply lengthen or shorten the period of the pulse signal you are sending.

nlouks

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thanks for your help guys.

The sound i'm trying to re-create is actually the sound of static!

Which i thought wouldn't be too hard !!

Added after 2 minutes:

The other thing is that it has to last 1.5 seconds.

for the lasting period you can use internal timer of PIC like TMR0. if your pic has got it. else you have to implement a timing routine. for example incrementing one or more variables (counter) every tot number cycles. in this case you have to try to guess period time or measure it and then calculate how many cycles for 1,5 seconds.

insert condenser 1-10uF between
analog-out and speaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back