Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is it possible to convert the gerber files to a PCB layout in Protel99se?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cameo_2007

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,

is it possible to convert the gerber files to a pcb layout in protel99se..
please tell me how to do it.

gerber to layout

@ltium designer can do that.

cameo_2007

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
convertir gerber en layout

ru sure, have u done it with altium designer

working backwards from a gerber file

i'v the gerber of a double sided layout..(arnd 12 files)
but now i want to make a few changes in the circuit deisgn,and i dont hav its design layout::
posiible to do something???

edwinxp gerber

dk614nd said:
ru sure, have u done it with @ltium designer

Yes, I have reverse engineered a board from the Gerbers using Altium Designer. You start in the Camtastic editor, load the Gerbers and drill file. If you have an IPC-D-352 netlist you can add that as well. Once the nets have all been analyzed, you can export from Camtastic into the Altium Designer PCB editor.

Protel 99SE can't do reverse engineering. You need a CAM editor to work backwards from Gerber files.

cameo_2007

how to convert the gerber file to edwinxp

You can use @ltium Designer to convert gerber data to PCB layout. But it is hard to convert PCB layout to circuit again. because PCB layout that converted from gerber data is transform in something like netlist.

If you change some pattern, be sure that it is correct. (because you can not run DRC(design rule check))

cameo_2007

gerber to edwinxp pcb layout

Hi,

Check this below thread, were we have discussed about reverse engineering,also google with proper string you might get article related to it.

Bottom line is outsource to some company, who are specialized in this.

Beside this also visit downstream.com for CAM350,which has an nice article related to Reverse engineering for free download,go through it and its upto you to decide.

Regards

Ramesh

cameo_2007

convert file lyt to gerber

If u can use EdwinXP 1.50 you can reconstruct the layout from graphics .It has a Option for reconstructing from graphics.Theres a free 30 day evaluation version available in there site i guess

creating layout from gerber

smitch_suez..

what type of graphics?I dont understand.

is it possible to convert gerber to layout?

To abhi002

Go to
you can find bitmap to protel pcb file convertor. So you can convert graphic (bitmap)to PCB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back