Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is it possible to clone of the XDS510PP (TI DSP emulator) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Is it possible to clone of the XDS510PP (TI DSP emulator

Hi, i tried the the xds510pp with smc34c60 implemented in vhdl. But i used a spartan 3 development kit, with two selfmade board connected to it. One with buffers and a db25 parallel port connector and the other with the tbc 74act8990, buffers, and the 14 pins jtag connector. I didnt used a gal because i included the equations into the fpga. Then i proved it with a vc33 board and sdconfig generated scan errors in diagnostic mode. The clock was in the start 8.33 MHz and was generated by the fpga dividing by 6 its 50Mhz clock. I reduced it ti 1.56MHz and the rate of errors was reduced. Then as i thinked there was a problem in the form of the clock wave i added an schmidt-trigger inverter at the clock output and the error rate reduced again, now it is 2 errors each 2000 tests. I execute code composer and i can load a program if it is small (4Kb) and sometime trying more than one time because it reports memory verification errors. But i can't set break points or execute.
I think there is a sinchronization problem but i haven't any idea to fix it.

Added after 1 hours 50 minutes:

Someone knows the function of signals EMU0 and EMU1 in the jtag connectors?

Re: Is it possible to clone of the XDS510PP (TI DSP emulator

If i use the next implemantation of the gal equations in the fpga i obtain 1 error / 100 tests in sdconfig. The delay of 2 cycles in the capture od TDO and TMSO in the process are important, but i don't know why. Does anybody explain me what exactly must do the gal?, I am know lost and confused.

-- ecuaciones de la pal
process(clk)
begin
if(clk'event and clk='1') then
if(divisor=0) then
bclk <= not bclk;
divisor <= "00001111"; --50Mhz / 32 = 1.33MHz
elsif(divisor="00001110") then
if(bclk = '1') then -- positivo edge
io15 <= TDO;
io13 <= TMSO;
else -- flanco negativo