Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is it possible to back annotate from Cadstar to Orcad ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

antarveena1982

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have i schematic in Orcad and layout in Cadstar i want to positional rename in the layout file and also back annotate that changes to the schematics , but the back annotation file formed in the Cadstar is not
supported by Orcad.

Kindly help me out

Thanks in advance

regards
Antarveena

renaming in cadstar

AFAIK cant be done.

How do you expect two completely different systems with completely different library structures to work together like that?

Recreate the schematic in Cadstar.

back annotation

I agree with Cyberrat ..It can not be done..

Antarveena!!
at this point ,i want to ask an question..what is need/advantage of doing renaming in layout.

we also do renaming sometimes but in schematics..like in ine sheet it is from 1-100 and in other sheet it is 101-200.

thanks
abhi

advantage of back annotation

For cross systems this is a manual job only.

You need lots of notes, perhaps a spreadsheet to keep a list while your doing it.

Good luck.

Back Annotation

Hi antarveena,
it is possible to back annotate from cadstar to orcad
Following is the process:
1). generate the back annotation .rin file.
2). open it in text editor.
3).now as shown in attached image clear all the data except old ref des and new ref(nothing else shud be there).
4). save the file as was-is-file.txt.
5).now select the schematic in orcad click the back annotate button and import the was-is-file.txt.

hope this will help you.
Regards,

Ricky

Re: Back Annotation

Thanks all

But special thanks to ricky uhelpd me lot hope othe will also understand.

thanks alot
regards
Antarveena

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back