Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is it possible for me to build my own Faraday cage and counter surveillance equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeekingProtection

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

This is my very first post on this great forum. I do not have any background in electronics.

I want to know if it'll be possible for me to build my own Faraday cage, what tools and equipment would I need? On the net, people are saying, one would need wood, aluminum mesh or copper mesh. Which of these two is better? Is there a way to verify that the aluminum mesh I receive is really aluminum and not something which is passed off as aluminum. Will it block almost all EMF?

Is it possible for a normal person to build their counter surveillance equipment of the sort shown below?

1. 12 Antenna all frequency jammer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMOpxrs53YQ

2. Hidden spy camera viewer: https://www.naconwireless.com/our-products/anti-spy-equipments/?SingleProduct=22

Thanks

In my opinion Tin is the best option because aluminum will be oxidized shortly , pure copper is expensive.

Copper screen is what I've seen used for WLAN test
cages (strapped with copper bar and tied in multiple
places to good earth grounds).

Aluminum could be OK if you use that gray goop
(for service connection to breaker panel, etc.).
Tin sheet I think will be more expensive if you can
find it at all.

You might like a spectrum analyzer for assessing
whether any of the RF threats you imagine, are
present. Maybe a gain-block amplifier and an
assortment of antenna lengths for sensitivity.

Status
Not open for further replies.