Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is it ok to use the minimum length (i.e 0.18u) in analog?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gilbertomaldito

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
length ie

I am designing a high BW amplifier using active inductors. Is it ok if I can use 0.18u length for my transistors? Im trying to reach 10Ghz but its too difficult.

--andrew

of course it is OK! Just be mindful of your layout.

Re: Is it ok to use the minimum length (i.e 0.18u) in analog

I guess you need to take care of contact size. if DRC requires contact size to be bigger than 0.18um, you cannot use minimum length.

Re: Is it ok to use the minimum length (i.e 0.18u) in analog

coffeelox said:
I guess you need to take care of contact size. if DRC requires contact size to be bigger than 0.18um, you cannot use minimum length.

of course contact is large than lmin but you never place contact over gate you extend gate beyond active and add m1poly contact

for minimum length, at high frequency , the parasitic will be too high... along wiht more leakage....

I believe lenght has nothing to do wiht contact size as far as layout to be considered...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back