Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

is it a problem with spectre or is it with the circuit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

QwErTzY

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am designing a unity gain buffer.
i have done the simulation in dc, ac and trans.

when i try to look at the phase, something weird appears. please see the attachment. the phase starts at -180deg instead of 0deg

the final phase is stable, only the initial seem odd. the 2.7~5V supply does not have such a problem execpt at around 5.5V.

when i run the trans simulation, the waveform seems normal with a overshoot then damp down to a stable level. both the 5V and 5.5V is having about the same waveform. both without ringing etc etc.

I have look at the operating points of all the transistors. they are in the correct operating region. I have compare the 5.5V and 5V operationg points etc, they are about the same too.

have anyone seem such a waveform(phase) before? by any chance, is it the simulator problem?

Hi
Attach your schematic.
you must have an additional negative gain in 5.5v.
regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back