Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is ir possible to design togh pads or sensors homely

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajaram04

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello sir
I want to design touch pads or say touch sensor usin capacitive or any kind of effect , is it possible ? please help

A simple touch sensor you can make from the black foam used to protect semiconductor devices. Use two metal sheets to squeeze a piece of foam, finish with a rubber ring or a Scotch tape. See how the resistance varies with pressure.

Capacitive sensors require thin-film on plastic or glass foil, and an AC signal source .

kk sir i hv a lil. doubt with black foam , what is that ? would you please show an image ?

how AC signals are applied to the assembly you described in last line ?

kk sir i hv a lil. doubt with black foam , what is that ? would you please show an image ?

how AC signals are applied to the assembly you described in last line ?

How can one have "a doubt" about something he knows nothing about?
Every person having anything to do with electronics knows what the "black foam" is. Find such person and you will see.
Capacitive sensors usually do not work in DC circuits, they need AC circuits to function.

ohh simply it is a foam you mean to say thats ok you said black so i was confused

well i asked about how this ac signals are applied to the assembly ?
i mean they have some arrangments to connect all that ???

ohh simply it is a foam you mean to say thats ok you said black so i was confused

well i asked about how this ac signals are applied to the assembly ?
i mean they have some arrangments to connect all that ???

The black foam is conductive and its resistance varies with pressure.

Google capacitive keyboards and you can see several options how they operate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back