Is half wave monopole a balanced antenna?

Status
Not open for further replies.

petrus999

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is it true that a Half wave monopole is a balanced antenna? If so can someone explain why it is?

P

half wave monopole

hi
i think that it means that by image theory u have a dipole structure but the radiation pattern is only above ground exist.

Re: half wave monopole

Hi jafargholi !

Its not much true that half monopole is balanced antenna.
Balanced antenna means that the excitation has a phase difference of 180 degrees between his feeds, just like a dipole.

In monople, you only have to excite one feed by a source which referenced to a gorund plane of the monopole antenna, and this is more suitable for an unbalanced case.

Re: half wave monopole

The earlier comments about balanced and unbalanced antennas are correct. I think of a balanced antenna as one that has symmetric parts.

I noted in your post that you were asking about a half wave monopole. Usually, people build dipoles with half wavelength spans, tip to tip and monopoles at a quarter wavelength. One can make monopoles work at longer lengths but it is not usually encountered. Just thought I would make that comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…