Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is Concepthdl in PSD14.2 better then OrCAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

asterix91

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Could some one shed some light on this issue as i want to compare there pros and cons..

Yes. (in my opinion)

pro:
ASCII design files
ASCII library
module capable
asymetrical components ( a 1000pin comp can be splitted into 10 100pin symbols) will work very well (they're not supported with the symbol creator, but a good text editor will help more than the symbol creator...)

cons:
OrCAD.. tried to use it... but the UI was very strange and the binary compiled library and schematics are unable to put our own tools in top of this tool.

Tobs.

orcad is easy to use!
what components have 1000 pins?????

Dear Long

Orcad in PSD 14XXX very easy to use, If U want to built a component with 1000 pins or more, it's ok. but notice that, when built symbol in Orcad, Pin name have different, not the same name, after that U can export to Allegro netlist, everything is very nice.

Best Regards

Concat

hi,all
cadence will terminate the orcad.
so i recommend you use concepthdl!
you will seee lot of companies include
top ic vendor began to use concepthdl

cadence will terminate the orcad. ??????
is it really??
orcad/pspice is the standard of sch,
it is implausible that it will be terminated

Well i dont think cadence will terminate OrCAD as it is one of the industry standards.
If fact a new release is about to be released in apr-june ( OrCAD 10.0 )...

As fara as i know Concept is very bad in terms of usebility..

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back