Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IrDA control via laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trajanovski

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have an IrDA USB adapter, can i use it as a universal remote control from my lap top to change my LCD features in the system menu, or i'll had to use it with some software. So if I need i software can anyone tell me the name of the software

It is very dependent on the adapter itself, if the IrDA is compatible transceiver module with ASK/TV Remote, then you should have no problem (back in time I have tried a lot of stuff), else
you should write your own driver, replacing the adapter's driver, yet this is adapter dependent, because most IrDa are designed to be used over known devices so hand shaking to device is done by the adapter itself.
And normally the driver acts as a bridge for data between your pc to adapter, rest (from adapter to device - which in you case is going to be a remote device waiting for 38kHz modulated data) is handled by device itself, which I don't think the adapter is going to modulate over 38kHz!

**broken link removed**
Re: Notebook remote control over build-in ir port

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back