Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IR transmit and receive

Status
Not open for further replies.

hi20102010

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to use 89C51 and IR to make an IR transmitter and IR receiver to control a lamp on and off. Anyone can help me?

YOU can find a lots of tutorials on the internet about IR receivers and transmiters. If you only want to switch an LED on-off then you just have to detect the signal on your IR Receiver witch by my opinion should be TSOP1736 witch works at 36Khz frequency and it receives from a distance of up to 30 m. so i would say that you should surf the internet for circuits for IR receivers and IR transmiters to get an idea about the circuitry of your project. http://lnx.manoweb.com/lirc/ this would be a good start.

I want to know more detail. For example, circuit and program.

The program is prety simple you just have to identify the signal received from the IR emitter. I think linking the output pin of your receiver to an input pin from your uC and then just verifiing the logic level of that pin is ok.So you just choose an input pin from your uC and verifie if it's logic level 1 equals phisical 0 or different value of voltage.IF you want to decode the IR signal thats a litle bit more complicated, but from witch i understand you don't need to decode tghe signal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back