Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IR-reducing problem in Magma software

Status
Not open for further replies.

lnc

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
IR-drop problem

HI all member !
I am using Magma design software . My company is doing a project about analog-code . I have problem with IR . As require as customer , We must reduce IR at 50mV . I have tried hardly by I have only reduce IR at 65mV . How can I reduce IR at <50mV .
Please help me !
( I am sorry about my English skill , it is not good )

IR-drop problem

please specify your problem.

in general ways, widen your power rail and strip, adding cap filler, modify your power supply pad position... all can help you on IR drop reduction, however, at the expense of more power consumption on power network.

beside, ask your customer a more reasonable power consumption value. maybe you just using too pessimetic ones.

Re: IR-drop problem

IR drop values are quite related to the process technology. For 3.3V 0.25 um process 100 mv is not a problem. However we definately need lower values for 0.13um process somewhere around 60mv(this last no is my guess).

You can make width of power ring bigger.

IR-drop problem

flip chip package may be the solution for big chip.

Static IR-drop:
First, find out the hot spot.
Then try to improve the power distribution,
- 1) power source: location of power pads, and provided current
- 2) power network: density of power mesh
--------------------------------------------------------
Dynamic IR-drop:
- Try to add decouping capacitance close to hot spots.
--------------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back