Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IP calculation Problem- number of local area networks (LANs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

matchchan

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
IP calculation Problem

I have a school assignments about IP that I wanna get help.

Case Description
A company plans to set up a number of local area networks (LANs) for its divisions as follows:

■sales division [LAN-SA: 25 computers; 1 file server; 1 network printer]
■marketing division [LAN-MA: 18 computers; 1 file server; 1 network printer]
■purchase division [LAN-PU: 12 computers; 1 file server; 1 network printer]
■accounting division [LAN-AC: 4 computers; 1 network printer]
■human resource division [LAN-HR: 5 computers; 1 network printer]

All computers will be able to access the Internet. The existing network equipment that the company has is listed below:

■one router (to connect to the Internet)
■two 4-port routers
■two 4-port switches
■two 24-port switches
■one 48-port switch

The private CIDR IP (v4) address ranged from 192.168.1.0 - 192.168.1.255 is used for all the computers and network devices for the company. Each device obtains its IP from a DHCP server when it is switched on.

(a) Suppose a fixed-length subnet mask is used, what should it be? Show all the relevant calculation. Give the range of IPs for each LAN.

(b) Suppose a fixed variable-length subnet masking (VLSM) technique is used, show all the relevant calculation. Give the range of IPs for each LAN.

thankssssss

IP calculation Problem

anybody can help plzzz

Re: IP calculation Problem

matchchan said:
I have a school assignments about IP that I wanna get help.

Case Description
A company plans to set up a number of local area networks (LANs) for its divisions as follows:

■sales division [LAN-SA: 25 computers; 1 file server; 1 network printer]
■marketing division [LAN-MA: 18 computers; 1 file server; 1 network printer]
■purchase division [LAN-PU: 12 computers; 1 file server; 1 network printer]
■accounting division [LAN-AC: 4 computers; 1 network printer]
■human resource division [LAN-HR: 5 computers; 1 network printer]

All computers will be able to access the Internet. The existing network equipment that the company has is listed below:

■one router (to connect to the Internet)
■two 4-port routers
■two 4-port switches
■two 24-port switches
■one 48-port switch

The private CIDR IP (v4) address ranged from 192.168.1.0 - 192.168.1.255 is used for all the computers and network devices for the company. Each device obtains its IP from a DHCP server when it is switched on.

(a) Suppose a fixed-length subnet mask is used, what should it be? Show all the relevant calculation. Give the range of IPs for each LAN.

(b) Suppose a fixed variable-length subnet masking (VLSM) technique is used, show all the relevant calculation. Give the range of IPs for each LAN.

thankssssss

U can use with fixed mask 255.255.255.224 => 8 subnets and configure on 48-port switch 2 vlans for LAN-SA - 30 ports, LAN-PU-18
24port switch for LAN-MA
24ports to 2 vlan LAN-AC, LAN-HR

To first router u can connect 48ports switch via 2 ports and first 24ports switch.
To second router u can connect 2 vlan from second 24ports switch.
And last thingi u can connect two routers thorought 4 port switch to main router.

When u dont understandt me please contact me on ICQ 334632889

I have only CCNA1 but in thic course we was planning a network with VLSM and fixed lenght mask.

Status
Not open for further replies.