Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

inverter not working using cd 4047.

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be serious, I don't understand the simulation results. The simplified Falstad transformer model doesn't provide leakage inductance at all, so it's not obvious how the ringing is generated. The shown circuit doesn't actually represent the original inverter setup, it has e.g. floating circuit nodes which may bring up simulation artefacts.

I would repeat the simulation with a state-of-the-art SPICE simulator, e.g. LTSpice.

Transformer is defined by primary inductance and coupling 99% therefore leakage and inductance are user defined with right click.
Sorry, I forgot about the coupling option in the Falstad transformer model. I didn't use the simulator quite a long time.

So presumed that simulation is correct, we would still ask about plausible component parameters. The huge resonance voltage is obviously far from a realistic setup.

The output of the transformer probably needs a zobel network (series RC) to act as a high frequency load and damper when there is no load.

Status
Not open for further replies.