Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

inverter design using 0.18um

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohsen941

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello every body
i am trying to design a simple inverter using 0.18um CMOS. output of inverter has jumps in the corners, how can i solve this problem?

Is it really a problem? Why? If you just don't like it, spend it a capacitive output load.

so many thanks for your reply, infact i am designing "bootstrapped switch in 0.18um CMOS" and i can not change circuit diagram, would you help me to transistor sizing for this circuit? i have attached the circuit as a picture(M4 and M5 are inverter) in the following link
https://obrazki.elektroda.pl/85_1322502487.jpg

would you help me to transistor sizing for this circuit?
Transistor sizing depends on
  • output impedance of the source @ Vin
  • input impedance of the load @ Vout
  • the clock frequency
I'd suggest to study the appropriate literature!

thanks for your reply, would you please recommend me some refference for transistor sizing?

thanks for your reply, would you please recommend me some refference for transistor sizing?

The problem you describe above seems to be a typical case for a circuit optimization software. My company (MunEDA) works in this field, you could check our website for case studies.

Status
Not open for further replies.