Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

inverse laplace transform?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cedance

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,

i need to find the inverse laplace transform of

a = exp(1+s)

b = exp(1+s)/ (-1+exp(1+s))

i used matlab and mathematica to find the inverse laplace and couldnt find the answer. if u could get the inverse, pls post the method and also the result. thanks.

/cedance.

PS: pls dont ask me to try any other softwares like mathcad etc... as a reply.

The Laplace inverse of a function may not exist. A sufficient condition that I know of sets strong restrictions on the growth rate of the functions. Nonetheless, it does not mean that a funtion won't have a Laplace inverse if it does not satisfy the conditions. One thing that I can assure you that the functions you listed are not guarrantted to have Laplace inverses by any theorems that I saw. Therefore, only the God is with you when you do it. Attached is a try to the first function and apparently, you have to carry out all step in the paradise of distribution (generalized function). Even worse, it does not guarranttee a round trip if you try to Laplace the function again.

cedance

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.