Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Intrusion Detection in OPNET.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bomaigee

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I am doing a project in Simulating Intrusion Detection in OPNET.I am new to OPNET and thus i need help here..If someone who has done a simulation like this please upload the simulated IDS in OPNET so i can just run it in OPNET.

Furthermore any advice or help in any way would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
BGee

Hi, I am doing a project in Simulating Intrusion Detection in OPNET.I am new to OPNET and thus i need help here..If someone who has done a simulation like this please upload the simulated IDS in OPNET so i can just run it in OPNET.

Furthermore any advice or help in any way would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
BGee
hii
i have to implement the same thing...wil u have cmpleted that then guide me i am new user of opnet and have to implement intrusion detection system.help me if u can

Re: Intrusion Detection in OPNET. A

Hello, I am working on Intrusion Deterrence System. I need a good Intrusion Detection System to use. Any success with your work?

Hello all.
I've been away for long.
now that I'm here, I'll be writing.
now to your question;
OPNETs use session keys that work on first captured basis.
the only way you can simulate that is using hyper threads and a series of if else statements in any programming language.
however, if you're into scripting, Python has network library, I'm not sure if its free or not. But its worth a try.
you need to access the network at session layer when user logs in and a session key is computed, check for duplicates of id, password or session key.
the other method is checking for decaying time stamps or hop counts. which I'll write about a bit later.
hope this helps
Cheerio
-Harsha Jois

Status
Not open for further replies.