Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Introduction to Driver Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

AaronDu

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can anybody tell me the introduction how to write a driver ?

best request

driver help

Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 7:01 am Post subject: printer driver help

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Gurus

I need your help in wrting a simple printer driver(windows 2000 os).When i select my printer from the print option it has to call my appilcation (say xyz.exe) and the file name with the path from where it is invoked.

Can any one help me?

Thanks in advance

Amjad

Hi Mayaan

Please upload. I want to write a simple
printer driver which have to call my aplication
and should return the file name from where it
called.

Thanks in advance
Amjad

If you use the winddk, several examples of printer drivers are included plus all the build tools. You can use the closest one to your requirements and just mod it to suit.

Printer Driver

Try using Compuware (former Numega) Driver Suite or Studio,
it comes together with the famous SoftIce debugger, features a C++ framework and other goodies. Another option would be BSquare's WinDK.
With MS DDK, WinDK and Jungo's WinDriver you will be writing a driver, if you use Jungo's KernelDriver or BSquare's WinRT you could avoid it and implement driver functionality in your application - slower and clumsier than an outgrown driver but easier to debug and develop.
Most of these products have example printer drivers.
By the way, without SoftIce you will need a second computer for the debugging!

Regards,
egeorgiev

you can see winddk's example.
when i first begin .i study the ddk example - generalsys - ,it is a simple program .teach you driver entry,how to registry driver. then you can learn how to program interrupt driver model.

Any body have a exaple driver for usb mass storage for wince(or windows)?
thanks

Hi

I have succeeded in my print driver development program.If anybody is interested for the source code ,please let me know.

When you use the windriver or other driver development tools , u can read the help of these tools !!

can this program build a driver for a device connected to the serial port

Added after 6 minutes:

HI amjad
i'm trying to build a driver to a simple device i'm ver interesting in you'r project could you give me more information . . . .

Toby Opferman has some articles about driver development for Windows PCs

Start with "Driver Development Part 1: Introduction to Drivers"
**broken link removed**

Another article "A simple demo for WDM Driver development" is available from mjtsai
**broken link removed**

Hello,

We've a requirement to develope a text only printer driver. Can anybody tell me how only the Text portion can be filtered from any document? For example if anybody selects this TextPrinter from a word doc then only text portion need to be printed.

Thanks in advance
howler

Good book for learning Wince, Do this book has all details for making mobile application.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back