Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Introducing noise in trnasient time analysis in PSPICE

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohd113

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello!

I want to test my system under the influence of noise in transient time analysis. Thus I want to introduce noise into various parts of my system but I don't know how or from where to get a random noise source.

Please help,

Thank you in advance

I presume you first need to characterize the noise behavior, once it may occur becoming from many sources. To be honest, I see a problem to insert the same source into various nets, once at each once the real amplitude would vary, therefore yielding different results on overall simulation.

Anyway, I suppose the pwl function properly parameterized could take care of this.

+++

Thank you for the answer it really helped me, but I wanted to ask from where could I generate a csv file containing a noise behaviour. As I only wrote a couple of coloumns in an excel sheet.

I have this blog before and when I tried simulating the circuits they have I got an error for unidentified "RND", so I couldn't get the noise.
N.B. I am using the 16.5 version. If there is a solution to the error I get, to identify the RND, this will solve the problem.

Thank you,

The tutorial clearly mentions to use release 16.6 in order to recognize RND function. I am afraid you won't be able to get this working with 16.5. Better if you upgrade to 16.6.

First, question whether you need random noise or simply
a stimulus, to gauge response. An impulse might do as well
as anything.

Second, if you can't get a random function working within
your simulator, you can make a pwl table source and gen
up a table full of pseudorandom values. Or you can mix a
group of uncorrelated voltage sources in series, or current
in parallel, and obtain a pretty chaotic, although not strictly
random, waveform without much complexity.

Third, in-application you will probably have a nonrandom
noise environment, and understanding its true nature and
modeling it may show you things that a truly random one
does not (esp. if noise is synchronous to circuit activity,
phase offset can really modulate the behavior and so on).

Status
Not open for further replies.