Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interview tips for experienced (10 yrs) Physical Design Engineer

Status
Not open for further replies.

venugopala_0202

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I am a PD engineer with ~10 yrs experience working in a product based company
I am looking to move to some of the new entries to semicon job market (Google/Amazon etc)

Of course , with 10 yrs exp, I have acquired some skill set wrt to Timing closure, Partitioning, PnR etc and worked on about 10 tape outs

However , in the interview process I am falling short.
To elaborate a little more I have worked on backend end implementation for different IPs/SOC blocks but mainly I have worked on block level PnR
Unfortunately , since in most of the companies I have worked in there was a strong backend CAD flow, I have limited (basic knowledge) exposure to constraints , clock architecture & proper understanding of design specific STA challenges, impact of DFT architecture on STA

Also the signoff was handled by respective signoff teams

Would really appreciate if some experienced folks from any domain (PD/STA/DFT even frontend) could help with some interview tips for 10 + yrs job openings and suggest on how to improve my knowledge .
I am also looking for some training in advanced STA concepts (like IP specific STA challenges) to help fill the gap..any leads would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.