Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Intersymbol Interference (ISI) - Matlab

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Grey

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
intersymbol interference

Hi everyone!

I am doing a simulation project using Matlab. The project is about compensation of ISI using Kalman filter as an equalizer.
Did anyone know about my project? If yes, please tell me how u do it?

I have a problem of simulating an ISI channel model using Matlab.
The transmitted signal is in BPSK form and the signals are passed thorugh a bandlimited channel that caused ISI.

Is there any way of building ISI channel using matlab?

Could anyone teach me how to create a signal with ISI in matlab, please?

Please comment if u know about the subject. Thank you.

isi channel model

hi

MATLAB's help has a lot of examples that can help you.

it is better thet you proceed your project step by step, I mean, first generate a random signal, modukate it, sent it over channel,....

thanks.

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

ReMaker

khushboo1

isi matlab

amir_rastegar2003 said:
hi

MATLAB's help has a lot of examples that can help you.

it is better thet you proceed your project step by step, I mean, first generate a random signal, modukate it, sent it over channel,....

thanks.

Firstly, thank you for your reply.

You are right about doing my project step by step. I know how to generate analog signal but, I have no idea how to generate a binary (rectangular) waveform. Futhermore, i have no idea on building a ISI channel in matlab.

Please, i need advice on using the Matlab to produce signal distorted by ISI.
Is there any references, examples or links that related to my project. If yes, please tell me. By the way, do u guys know any matlab codes for building ISI channel model in matlab.

Thanks.

inter symbol interference matlab

For BPSK system, you can probably generate ISI with simple filter models in Matlab.

matlab program for isi

bcl said:
For BPSK system, you can probably generate ISI with simple filter models in Matlab.

How to do it? Could anyone explain to me ? because i am new to matlab.

Or is there any website or examples that i can find in internet?

Thank You.

intersymbol interference isi

ERIC COSBY'S code about OFDM covers the data transmission.. some one give it to this guy, i don't have it at this time..
ISI can easily be done by introducing noise of the channel..ERIC COSBY'S code adds AWGN noise but only the real part. he wrote its code.. u can type "help awgn" in matlab editor, and u will have its idea,, by using it u can add REAL and IMAGINARY parts of the noises..
so
in genearal,
SYMBOL DATA + NOISE = RECEIVED DATA
and this RECEIVED data has ISI problem, if the amount of noise is high,,,

Naveed

intersymbol interference+matlab

Thank You.

Do u guys know how to change a random sample signal into state space system assuming the channel is a dynamic system or FIR filter?

ofdm thesis eric cosby

its the usefulness in their work that might have made them to thank .do not count years .i am sorry if my words hurt others.nothing personal

profibus intersymbol interference matlab

chait said:
its the usefulness in their work that might have made them to thank .do not count years .i am sorry if my words hurt others.nothing personal

I dont think anyone was hurt by your words. and I glad it helped you

Status
Not open for further replies.