Interrupt handling in PIC18F4550

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi tahmid,
I have a question on timer interrupt. my program is using LCD, INFRA RED sensor , keypad, servo motor and also timer interrupt.
port A is infra red sensors
port B is keypad
Port C is servo motor
port D is LCD
I am doing a project that keep track of pills and time for its user , so when its time for the user to take their pills, the program can activate a buzzer to inform the user.

Firstly, the LCD will prompt the user with qns like "no. of pills" ," times a day" etc. The user then need to key in tha data using the keypad.

Secondly, after input the data, the timer interrupt would start the count , each count meaning each second, and till it reaches a certain count, the program activates a buzzer and LEDs alerting the user. The program also trigger the servo motor to move , dispensing the pills out to the collection point. A infra red sensor then sense the pills and minus it from the count of the total no. of pills.

i did two separate program , one of it is LCD with key pad, while another is timer interrupt, infra red sensor and servo motor. Both could work independently, but after merging both programs together , they could build successfully , but could not work properly. The lcd can display out the qns and i could use the keypad to input in the data, but the timer interrupt doesnt seem to work.
Is it because im using port B for keypad , clashing with the timer interrupt.
thanks in advance!

Attachments

• lcd and keypad.txt
    44.5 KB · Views: 60
  • merged.txt
    48.6 KB · Views: 41
  • timer interrupt and servo.txt
    7.3 KB · Views: 55

Status
Not open for further replies.