Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interpolating and Decimating CIC filter based on sinc function

Status
Not open for further replies.

GayathriN

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How to realize a sinc function using CIC filter for decimation and interpolation ??? Can I combine interpolation and decimaton methods inorder to get the complete response of a sinc function???

What do you want to achieve?

A sinc transfer function without decimation is achieved by a moving average filter.

Actually i am trying to realize sinc3 and sinc5 using CIC Filter..Truthfully, I have no idea where to start...

The question is still unclear. Do you want sinc^n filters without decimation? Or implement CIC?

As you should know from literature, transfer function of a CIC decimator isn't exactly sinc rather than the quotient of two sine^n functions which approaches sinc^n for large decimation factors.

https://www.edaboard.com/threads/363484/#post1556898

I want to implement Sinc^n filter as a cascade of integators and differentiators,

Status
Not open for further replies.