Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Internet security question

Status
Not open for further replies.

techie

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a cable internet connections both in two overseas branches of my office. I would like to setup some kind of network between the two that can enable users to use the same file server from both offices. I would like suggestions from users as to how this can be done and what are the security risks involved in such a connection. Risks include virus risks, data corruption and deletion risks and intellectual property theft risks. There is no e-commerce involved.

thanks for any suggestions

Hi

I can suggest you two ways:

1. VPN
You will setup a VPN for your own office inside TCP/IP networks

2. Remote Admin
you will install radmin server in both sides. remember to setup a password for the server. Also you can restrict the IP ranges that could connect to this server.

tnx

can you suggest which software to use for this purpose. I an running Win98 on both sides

Hi techie!

Best way for you is making ssh tunneling. So you will unite two offices, connection will be encrypthed. F-secure windows ssh client and ssh server for NT with tunneling feature are here:

**broken link removed**

Best Wishes! klug.

looks like the f-secure is the answer to my problem. Thanks klug

Status
Not open for further replies.