Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Internet radio -> Local FM radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

drp

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, i'm looking for a easy way to 'redirect' an internet radio to a normal radio. Anyone know some project already made about ?. The easy part is just the fm transmit , connected to the output soundcard, but i'd like just to ask here if there is other alternatives (just to avoid reinventing the wheel :D )

Later.

big time effort

I was told by one of my British friends in the USA that the BBC service over the internet is transmitted over a regular FM broadcast station in northern California.

Your idea of using a low power analog FM transmitter fed from your sound card looks like a good way to do it although very expensive as it ties up a computer.

Hello

like flatulent said put some FM transmitter on output of your sound card, but if you like like stability in recepcion of signal use PLL or Xtal stabilased fm transmitter...

..whatever you do, be careful about not breaking any FCC laws (if you are in the US). It is very easy to build an amplifier that can exceed the power and/or bandwidth limitations of spectrum use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back